Sunday, August 10, 2008

And me too.

I'm the other one. I'm Elisha, and I'm new to this whole parenting thing, or perhaps not quite there yet, depending on how you want to look at it. I'm currently pregnant with my first child, and due in December. (The speculation says Baby's a girl, and no, we have not yet agreed on a name.)

I'm married to a mostly wonderful guy, Steve. We live in an ongoing remodeling project in the mountains of beautiful West Virginia with our two dogs and two cats. He's a city boy, and I'm most definitely a country girl, and right now we live within the limits of a relatively small town, so sometimes things get interesting, but we're doing our best. As an added bonus, I also work full-time outside the home.

My primary intests, considering the impending baby, are parenting and homemaking, but occasionally I'll wander to topics anywhere from health and nutrition to designing handbags. I'm often torn between the convenience of modern options and the natural, organic, minimalist lifestyle I would love to be living. In my dream world, I would be the apron-wearing, "Leave It to Beaver"-type stay-at-home-mom, and I'd do it all while saving money and staying "green."

But this, unfortunately, is not my dream world, so I'll just have to make do with what I've got.

No comments: