Friday, August 8, 2008

Welcome!

Have we met?

No?

Well, come on in, sit down and let’s visit for a while. My name is Theola. I have three kids and I’m married to my best friend, Jeff. After life in the mountains of Colorado, we moved back to the Midwest and we now live in Jeff’s hometown in Kansas. In addition to being a wife and mother, I also work full-time outside of the home.

My primary interests are parenting and homemaking. When I say homemaking I’m not speaking in terms of the apron-wearing “Leave It to Beaver” lifestyle. I mean juggling the cooking, cleaning, laundry and decorating on top of any other obligation you have. Martha Stewart makes it sound simple and easy. Love her or hate her, I think Martha Stewart has super powers that cannot be matched by mere mortals such as myself.

I can’t maintain my house, husband, job and children and still have enough time left over to bake bread from scratch then slather it with freshly churned butter from an organically fed dairy cow. Yesterday I didn’t even remember to remove the burp cloth from my shoulder until a co-worker commented on it, 15 minutes after dropping my kids off at daycare!

So forget Martha Stewart. (Hey, I’m not bagging on Martha Stewart, like I said, the woman has super powers. Quite frankly, I’m scared of her.) Let’s make life a little more attainable so we can actually sit down and enjoy it. At the very least, we can get a laugh out of it!

1 comment:

grammasherri said...

Looking forward to visiting with you again soon.