Monday, January 19, 2009

Diaper Review: Mommy's Touch One Size All-In-One

4/5 stars

I have to admit, when I ordered these I thought they were pockets instead of AIOs (yes, I really am that unobservant at times), and when I received them I was a little disappointed. But, as I hadn't yet started diapering and I didn't know anything about it, really, I figured I'd give them a shot. And then once I had the baby, the rise looked far too high even if the rest of them would fit. But again, how was I supposed to know, so I tried them. As it turns out, I like them a lot more than I thought I would.

The absolute best thing about them is the most obvious thing--they're all one piece, which means no extra covers, no stuffing pockets, just snap and go. OK, technically there is an extra, smaller snap-in soaker, I just haven't used it--it snaps into the front, which seems to me like it would be more helpful for boys, which my little one is not. Just the same, they work fine without it and we haven't had any problems or leaks because of the absence of the additional soaker. In fact, we haven't had any problems or leaks at all. Also, since the soaker is only sewn at the back, drying time is about the same as the rest of my diapers (which are all pockets).

There are two small problems I've noticed, and they're not exactly problems, per se. First, as I mentioned the additional soaker is small, about half the length as the sewn-in soaker. I personally think it would be more useful if it were full length. Second, the snaps are slightly complicated. If you follow a set of directions (including pictures, that is) it's easy enough, but figuring it out on your own is tough. Remember how I thought the rise was too high? That was because I had them snapped wrong. But snap them the right way, which includes folding the doubled bit back under, and the snaps aren't quite far enough apart, plus the waist becomes a bit thicker and therefore bulkier.

Overall, I really do like them. As I said, no leaks at all, and once I figured out how to fasten them they fit my newborn fairly well. I will probably be ordering more of them, possibly with velcro instead of snaps (mostly because my husband prefers velcro, and because I want to see if they're less confusing), and I'll definitely be ordering more AIOs because of my good experience with the Mommy's Touch.

No comments: